From the systems that operate the transportation systems, to the ones transit authority workers rely on to manage their internal operations, Axiom Corporation helps keep America moving.
The Metro (WMATA) in Washington, DC, MARTA in Atlanta, GA and CTA in Chicago, IL are all transit systems where Axiom’s IT services have included systems architecture, help desk support, project management, database support, Oracle utilization, disaster recovery and more.
Axiom’s work in the transportation sector has also included Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) coordinated mapping technologies, allowing our clients to know where their trains, trucks or buses are, and when they should arrive at their next destinations.
Some of Axiom Corporation’s transportation experience is described below:
Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
- Automated Vehicle Location (AVL) and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) support including facilitation and analysis of current and new technologies
- Developed technical solutions for business continuity/disaster recovery utilizing VMWare and Citrix
- Supported Para-transit scheduling and trip planning databases for data migration and data maintenance
- Supported selection, implementation, and maintenance of Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Supported redesign of the data center
- Provide daily management of the data center
- IT project management of multiple projects from initial concept to implementation and support to the PMO office
- Provide network design, engineering and management
- Provide systems management and administration including for SharePoint, Citrix, and VMware systems
- Provide support for Oracle databases
- Provide analysis of business processes and technical solutions